Production Team Leader
About The Position
VS is a global company, manufacturing products for aircraft interiors .
We are looking for a Production Team Leader to manage and supervise the PDLC production line and to take responsibility for the entire daily production routings.
Located in Melbourne FL. 32901
· Managing and supervising the PDLC department (production technicians)
· Responsible for the daily production routings: QC of finished goods and raw materials, packing of finished goods for shipment, disposition of work orders in MRP (creation to delivery)
· Coordinate shipments of finished goods to the customers, communication of deliveries to sales department.
· Preparing the weekly plans to ensure we meet OTD (On Time Delivery) targets, considering capacity, labor resources, machine constraints and production line efficiencies.
· Participate in the scheduled planning meetings with Gauzy HQ
· Responsible for safety, quality, and productivity of the production line
· Responsible for writing and updating the department SOPs and work procedures, and to train and coach the teams accordingly.
· Responsible for identifying ways to maximize material yield and improving productivity of the production line.
· Using continuous improvement skills such as Daily management, 5-S, Lean manufacturing, etc. to drive improvement.
· Developing a high-performing production team with a culture of delivery and continuous improvement through effective management activities.
· Providing support and assistance to production malfunctions in order to minimize shutdowns and to allow continuous workflow.
· Managing the production line inventory, and quarterly cycle counts of the PDLC department.
· Define inventory levels of raw materials, according to expected consumptions, in communication with the planning and procurement teams.
· Other related duties as assigned
· Previous experience in a supervisory capacity
· Knowledge of ISO9001 standards
· 3 + Years production experience
· Ability to read drawings
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word Power Point and Outlook)
· Ability to create and follow schedules
· Organization skills and willingness to assume accountability for plant practices required
· Ability to stand for long periods of time and carry loads of 50+ lbs necessary
· Ability to multi-task and utilize resources to execute tasks within a deadline-oriented environment with tight timelines
· Willingness to be hands-on with day to day operations
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team player.